Getting Certified Is a Two Step Process
- Step 1 is to acquire all of the important academic information every certified diver must know. Traditionally, it required attending several hours of formal classroom training. Now, through on-line training, you can complete this phase through self-study, at your own pace, in the convenience of your home or office.
- Step 2 is complete open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
You have taken your open water scuba diver course and now you are ready to expand your knowledge but you would like to see what is out there first. The SDI Advanced Adventure Diver course will give you an overview of five (5) selected SDI specialties. Two of the specialties are SDI Deep Diver and Navigation Diver, which are the foundation of continuing diver education. The remaining specialties include:
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Computer Nitrox
- Marine Ecosystem Awareness
- & Many More!
Note: This course is intended to introduce you to each of the five (5) specialties and not complete comprehension and specialty certification of the chosen specialty. One (1) dive from each of the chosen specialties may apply towards a complete specialty certification.
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent*
*Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age
Limits for Junior Divers:
Deep Diving: Maximum depth for divers 10-15 is 21 metres/70 feet
Dry suit; minimum age 12
Wreck: Limited penetration minimum age 15
Course Cost: $169.00
ELearning Course Code: $69
Lake Training Dives: $100
Saguaro Training Calendar (for Arizona based divers)
What’s next after completing your Advanced Adventure course?
You can continue your diving education by advancing to an SDI Rescue Diver or by checking out some of the other specialties or courses on our SDI Course Map.
SDI Advanced Adventure Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the appropriate SDI Advanced Adventure Diver Knowledge Quests with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all course requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution