Your adventure starts here. The SDI Divemaster Course is the entry level to become a scuba diving professional! In our program you will learn all about living and working in the scuba diving industry.
As a divemaster intern, you will be paired up with one or more of our experienced instructors who are more than happy to share their knowledge and experience with you. After honing your skills and gaining experience you will be ready to begin leading dives as well as assist instructors with students.
Our Divemaster Course can be very flexible with the training schedule. If you have any questions or are interested in becoming a SDI Divemaster please let us know!
The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dives sites. You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and snorkeling skills.
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Advanced Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
- Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider(where local law permits)*
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives (see 3.11 for number of dives/hours required for graduation)
*Note: SDI CPROX, CPR1st or CPROX1stAED courses may be combined with the SDI Divemaster program by qualified instructors
E Learning Code: $174.00
Learning Materials & Crew Pak: $234.00
Application Fee: $99.00
Class, Pool & Training Sessions: $700.00
Saguaro Training Calendar (for Arizona based divers)
What’s next after completing your Divemaster course?
You can continue your diving education by advancing to an SDI Assistant Instructor, SDI Instructor or by checking out some of the other specialties or courses on our SDI Course Map.
SDI Divemaster Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Divemaster written examination, or online version with a minimum score of 80 percent and 100 percent remediation
- Complete all water requirements
- Demonstrate to an active SDI Instructor the ability to solve in-water and out-of-water diver problems
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Operate as a Divemaster in a wide variety of environments