Getting Certified Is a Three Step Process
- Step 1 is to acquire all of the important academic information every certified diver must know. Traditionally, it required attending several hours of formal classroom training. Now, through on-line training, you can complete this phase through self-study, at your own pace, in the convenience of your home or office.
- Step 2 is to complete your in-water skill-development training. This takes place in a swimming pool or similar body of confined water. Here you will learn the fundamental skills that every diver needs to know. (It’s also a lot of fun.)
- Step 3 is complete four or more open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
- Have a group of 4 or more we will provide private lessons for the group on your schedule.
Did you know that Planet Earth’s surface is covered by more than 70% water? Our oceans and water systems, including lakes and rivers, control our climate and temperature, move weather patterns, and support living organisms yet remains mostly unexplored with 95% of it unseen by the human eye.You may go swimming in the ocean or snorkel over a reef, but now it’s time to take it one step further. See the underwater world as it is meant to be experienced – underwater.
Become a part of an eco-system that supports so much of our life and take it to your limits; whether that is interacting with colorful schools of fish over a peaceful sea mount or diving alongside a pod of dolphins that have come to take a closer look. Dive with sharks, dive in caves, or dive some of the most historic wrecks. Whatever direction you want to take your new life-style; it all begins here.
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course is designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe or even in your backyard.
ELearning Course Code: $69
Pool Training: $60
Lake Training Dives: $189
Saguaro Training Calendar (for Arizona based divers)
What’s next after completing your Open Water Diver course?
You can continue your diving education by advancing to an Advanced Adventure Diver or by checking out some of the other specialties or courses on our SDI Course Map.
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
SDI Open Water Diver Certification in Mesa, Arizona
Learn to dive in Arizona with Saguaro Scuba. The SDI Open Water Certification is the entry level for people who are interested in scuba diving and once you become certified, you will be able to enjoy scuba diving at thousands of scuba travel destinations around the world!
The SDI Open Water Course is a three part course which consists of an ELearning Course, a pool portion, as well as an open water diving portion.
The ELearning portion starts by purchasing the elearning code here, Once you receive your code, you will be guided through a series of chapters that will give you all of the theory and knowledge that you will need to continue with the in-water portions of your certification.
The pool sessions provide you with a contained and safe environment for which to practice the skills which you need to be a safe and competent scuba diver. You will be supervised and taught by a certified SDI instructor the entire time you are in the pool.
The Open Water Diving Portion of your certification is where you get to begin exploring! You will spend a few dives learning some additional skills and ensuring you are comfortable applying these skills in an open water setting. Once your instructor is confident in your ability to perform all of the necessary skills, and that you are a safe and competent diver, you will achieve your open water certification and be free to begin exploring the underwater world!
Most of our students will begin their open water dives with us in Lake Pleasant with the same instructors who were with them in the pool session. Some divers, however, will choose to complete their open water certification doing their dives on a scuba diving trip. We are happy to send referrals for the first 2 portions of your training so you can become certified at a tropical scuba destination!
Get started with your SDI Open Water Dive Certification in Arizona now! https://saguaroscuba.com/product/open-water-scuba-certification-e-learning-sdi/