- Split Fin, Open Heel
- Strong Stainless Steel Spring Strap
- 100% natural rubber blade and foot pocket
- Blade at 20º angle reduces strain on joints
- Easy finning for all levels of fitness
- Effortless power without muscle cramping
- Increased maximum speed, reduced fatigue
- Up to 40% reduced muscle fatigue, energy output and air consumption; longest recorded bottom times in testing
- Open toe foot pocket for added comfort
- See Specifications for size chart, dimensions …
- Manufactured In Japan
World’s Best Fin
- Scuba Diving Magazine protocol states that qualifying fins must be new to the test process. Bio-Fin series qualified for 8 annual reviews. Awarded “Tester’s Choice” 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2007.
- Scuba Gear Reports 2013 Video
Bio Fins are the only split fins made with 100% natural rubber. Although a bit heavier in your gear bag, for the purpose of diving, you won’t feel it. Rubber is king! No compound, hybrid or synthetic material can beat the comfort, flexibility and responsiveness of natural rubber.
Rubber or Spring?
- Stainless Steel Spring Strap is extremely durable. Easiest to don and doff. Auto adjusts to remain snug throughout dive. Stock fins sold with specific spring length. See Accessories for additional spring lengths.
- Rubber Straps instantly adjust to suit a variety of footwear and users. Press clip to adjust length, squeeze to remove.
Apollo Bio Fins are designed with a 20º angle to accommodate diver’s natural tendency to bend slightly at the ankle and knee. The result is maximum on demand propulsion with the least amount of stress on the body.
Split Fin Technology
Bio Fins provide lift and propulsion with less effort and more power. Unlike other fins which push water up and down, Bio Fin blade directs water flow over the leading and trailing edges to provide power, lift and forward thrust on each stroke.
Tech & Care
- Wider kicks will result in loss of momentum. Whether your traveling at cruise speed or powering through current keep kicks small. You will move quicker and more efficiently.
- Rinse fins with fresh water after use. Store indoors. Avoid extended exposure to extreme heat, cold, damp, dry and automotive exhaust. Bio fins are not the same material as tires which are often a synthetic or compound. Avoid UV and other sprays or lubricants. These products often contain oils or other ingredients harmful to natural rubber.
- Spring Straps are stainless but not stain proof. To ensure hardware remains cosmetically appealing and easy to work with, we recommend occasional disassembly to rinse screw threads. Baking soda can help remove any staining.