Scuba diving is an exciting and adventurous activity that allows you to explore the wonders of the underwater world. One of the most important pieces of equipment for scuba diving is a diving mask, which provides you with clear vision while underwater. However, picking the right fitting scuba diving mask can be a challenge for some divers. In this blog post, we will discuss some tips on how to choose the correct fitting scuba diving mask.
- Consider the size of your face The first thing to consider when choosing a scuba diving mask is the size of your face. It is important to choose a mask that fits your face properly. A mask that is too big will let in water, while a mask that is too small will be uncomfortable and may leave marks on your face. Some mask manufacturers offer different sizes, so it’s essential to try on different sizes to find the right fit.
- Check for leaks To check if a mask fits correctly, place the mask on your face and inhale through your nose. Hold your breath and see if the mask creates a suction around your face. If it does, then the mask fits correctly. If not, try another size or model.
- Look for a comfortable fit Comfort is another essential factor to consider when choosing a scuba diving mask. Look for a mask that feels comfortable on your face and does not cause any discomfort or irritation. A mask with a soft silicone skirt or a neoprene strap can be more comfortable than one with a hard plastic skirt or strap.
- Choose the right lens type Scuba diving masks come in various lens types, including single lens, twin lens, and multiple lens masks. Single lens masks offer a larger field of view, while twin lens masks offer better depth perception. Multiple lens masks are the most popular and offer both a large field of view and good depth perception.
- Consider the color of the mask The color of the mask is also important. Clear masks offer the best visibility, while colored masks can help reduce glare and improve contrast in bright sunlight. Some divers prefer black or dark-colored masks because they help reduce glare and improve vision in low-light conditions.
- Try before you buy Finally, it’s always a good idea to try on a mask before you buy it. Visit Saguaro Scuba and try on different masks to find the one that fits you best. You can also ask the staff for advice on choosing the right mask for your needs.
In conclusion, choosing the right fitting scuba diving mask is essential for an enjoyable and safe diving experience. Consider the size of your face, check for leaks, look for a comfortable fit, choose the right lens type and color, and try before you buy. By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find the perfect scuba diving mask for your needs. Happy diving!