SDI/TDI Sidemount Diver
Getting Certified Is a Two Step Process
- Step 1 is to acquire all of the important academic information every certified diver must know.
- Step 2 is complete Your open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Sidemount Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Gas management utilizing independent cylinders
- Equipment considerations
- Cylinder options
- Regulator options
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD)/harness options
- Proper weighting
- Equipment configurations
- Hand signals
- Problem solving
- Gas hemorrhages
- Water entries
- S-Drills (specific to sidemount)
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
- Plan dive
- Test and check all equipment (depth gauges, bottom timers/watches and computers)
- Familiarization with area
- Descend to planed depth and not exceed any pre-planned limits
- Demonstrate the ability to safely manage gas in independent cylinders
- Monitor depth/time/air consumption, figure all times on slate
- Demonstrate ability to control buoyancy
- Attaching sidemount cylinders while
- Out of water
- On surface standing on bottom
- On surface in water to deep to stand
- At depth
- Perform gas switches
- Perform safety stops
Also, the SDI Sidemount Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development program.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent.
Course Cost: $160.00
Free Shipping Terms and Conditions:
- Applies to orders greater than $100.00 on selected items. (Does not apply to tanks or weights)
- Applies to UPS GROUND shipping rates only, within the Continental United States. Expedited shipping requests will be charged at applicable shipping rates.
- Available only to the Continental United States.
- Refunds for shipping on any returned items will be deducted by the amount charged for the non free shipped items only on the original order.
- Valid with gift certificates & promotions.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel free shipping at any time.
Full Return Policy For Saguaro Products
Regular Stock Product Returns: Regular stock products can be returned within 90 days of purchase to Saguaro Scuba Inc. There is no restocking charge when returning regularly stocked merchandise.
Special Order Product Returns: Special order products can only be returned to the store within the time limit originally specified. Some special order products may have a restocking charge or may be non-returnable. In these cases we will inform you prior to ordering and we will note any special rules or restocking fees directly on your receipt.
Non-returnable Products: Computers, Electronics & Cameras are returnable only if they have not been installed or used and if they are in new original saleable condition and packaging. Clearance items are non-returnable.
Warranty Product Returns: Your purchase can be returned for a hassle-free replacement/repair provided that it is returned within the warranty terms and warranty period. The original receipt is required. Warranty returns without the original receipt will be made at Saguaro Scuba’s discretion. Products with a replacement warranty will be exchanged free of charge. Products with a repair only warranty will be repaired in accordance with the manufacturer’s or Saguaro Scuba Inc. terms and conditions. Warranty claims are limited to replacement/repair of the product only. We do not cover additional costs such as labor, incidental or consequential damages.
Saguaro Training Calendar (for Arizona based divers)
What’s next after completing your Sidemount Diver course?
You can continue your diving education by checking out some of the other specialties or courses on our SDI Course Map.
SDI Sidemount Diver minimum requirements:
- Perform all land drills and open water dive requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Log all dives